― Jim Jarmusch
Category Archives: creativity
― Jim Jarmusch
| There has more been written,probably, about Sylvia Plath than any other poet of the last century.Much of it is various attempts at her biography.The focus was on her actual life and its events.I had only read “Daddy” and “lady Lazarus” but lately I read more from her collected works and I am now impressed with her poetic gift and her hard work developing it.Perhaps she worked too hard.Who can say?
So I was ready to read some critical evaluation of her writing.This book is excellent if a little short. I found it quite easy to read even though I have no academic training in literature.
There is a summary of her life but the main focus is on each phase of her writing For someone of only 30 when she died she underwent remarkable transitions and growth of her poetic mind.I am also now re ading her prose which I had dismissed.
I recommend this wholeheartedly.There is another volume “The Cambridge Companion to Sylvia Plath”
Here is a poem I like especially the last verse
Nick and the Candlestick
By Sylvia Plath
I am a miner. The light burns blue.
Drip and thicken, tears
The earthen womb
Exudes from its dead boredom.
Black bat airs
Wrap me, raggy shawls,
They weld to me like plums.
Old cave of calcium
Icicles, old echoer.
Even the newts are white,
Those holy Joes.
And the fish, the fish—
Christ! they are panes of ice,
A vice of knives,
Its first communion out of my live toes.
Gulps and recovers its small altitude,
Its yellows hearten.
O love, how did you get here?
Remembering, even in sleep,
Your crossed position.
The blood blooms clean
In you, ruby.
You wake to is not yours.
I have hung our cave with roses,
With soft rugs—
The last of Victoriana.
Let the stars
Plummet to their dark address,
Let the mercuric
Atoms that cripple drip
Into the terrible well,
You are the one
Solid the spaces lean on, envious.
You are the baby in the barn.
- ‘Birthday Letters’ and ‘Ariel’ (kittyfielding.wordpress.com)
- Sylvia Plath and emotional disorders (boyswillbeboys06.wordpress.com)
- Essay 1 – Ted Hughes, You Hated Spain (sturchanik.wordpress.com)
- 130. SYLVIA PLATH: The fig tree (zenpencils.com)
- “FIesta Melons” and part of my essay (idartyou.wordpress.com)
- November book club: Sylvia Plath and Kate Lebo at BookWoman on Nov. 7 (thefeministkitchen.com)
Some people keep birds as pets.To me it seems so cruel… a bird should fly.I suppose making any animal a pet may be wrong but some want to be.Dogs and cats no doubt were better off living near humans… so they moved closer.And the Egyptians worshipped cats .Some people treat their spouse like a pet.But it’s a bad idea.People may enjoy it at first but no-one can be the propertyof someone else however benevolent.Control is not loving even if you shower them with gifts,caresses and kisses.We need to belong but also to be free….to a reasonable extent….I know some people get sexually aroused by games of dominance and submission but it’s not good to be like that all time,in my view.I know books like Fifty shades of grey sell.But why do we need others fantasies?Why not use our own minds?
- Pets, pets everywhere~ (shannahall67.wordpress.com)
- Completed Pets, or is it? (infiinity.wordpress.com)
- Comment: When cuteness kills (sbs.com.au)
- Where pets are part of every workday (politico.com)
- Everything in live come in cycles, even your dog walker. (tailwaggersdogwalkersblog.wordpress.com)
- Fun way to explore the timeless isle! (pet required) (ownedcore.com)
Have you ever considered keeping a sheep as a pet? they don’t appear to bite or scratch,they would keep you warm ay night,they would not be in danger if you rolled onto them…I am unsure how much a sheep weighs….imagine wakening up and being between the woolly legs of a sheep ,held against its fleece.just what you need in a recession
As for grooming I am unsure what wild sheep do.They don’t have baths.Do they bathe in rivers?Do they leave it to nature?
And if things got really bad……….I hate to say this,but you could eat it!It would last for ages.I know it sounds cruel but it would have had a lovely life in your garden eating your lawn!
- Police watch over sheep costs €80,000, and counting (timesofmalta.com)
- Italian Sheep Angered When Police Confiscate Cannabis Plants (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- No Choice (lifeandcrimesofmistressrosie.com)
- Delivered to Safety, by ShepherdFarmerGeek (survivalblog.com)
- we all like sheep (gplwoo.wordpress.com)
- Is a sheep a legal pet? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Sheep found; animal had escaped from church rodeo (rapidcityjournal.com)
Vincent Van Gogh
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_art.html#FBjUMsqYgqXPZjY4.99
- A Van Gogh Mission (365missionalpractice.wordpress.com)
- Van Gogh’s artistic ‘repetitions’ featured in DC (news.yahoo.com)
- Remarkable artists – Vincent Van Gogh (peteomer.wordpress.com)
- Art is an Art (artistunheard.wordpress.com)
- Vincent van Gogh’s artwork repetitions featured in Washington exhibit (panarmenian.net)
- Re-post: Finding voice (poetryphotosandmusingsohmy.wordpress.com)
- Van Gogh Museum: new Van Gogh identified (bigstory.ap.org)
- Creating a Masterpiece (pretoriamontessori.wordpress.com)
- Vincent Van Gogh painting Sunset at Montmajour discovered in attic unveiled in Amsterdam (telegraph.co.uk)