A very good post and person.Do read it as it is heartening
Category Archives: advice
- It’s outrageous to accuse the Guardian of aiding terrorism by publishing Snowden’s revelations | Ben Emmerson | Comment is free | The Guardian (theguardian.com)
- “I imagine that the intelligent people are the ones so intelligent that they don’t even need or want to look ‘intelligent’ anymore. (samratvision.wordpress.com)
- How Can You Develop Your Emotional Intelligence? (youuniversityonline.com)
- Boris Johnson fails IQ test and muddles up Tube ticket prices on weekly LBC radio show (metro.co.uk)
- Six months after NSA story broke, Edward Snowden looks even more patriotic | Dan Gillmor | Comment is free | theguardian.com (theguardian.com)
- On Boris Johnson and intelligence: it’s not clever to pretend IQ doesn’t matter (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
This is an interesting article about how acceptance is so important for us in order to live the best way we can. when we have problems,neuroses etc.This website,The Negative Psychologist is one I came upon when reading another blog here.
- Google inkblot lets you share your neuroses – NBCNews.com (newestgadgetsinfo.com)
- How Psychotherapy Helps (kctherapist.blogspot.com)
- Freud 90-End (nataliequi29.wordpress.com)
- Acceptance: The waste of time, or the Mother of all peace? (lifesriddle.wordpress.com)
- Being Negative For A Change (betterthansurviving.me)
- Day 273: Today Was Worth The Fight (hellolifeblog.com)
- Day 87: Acceptance vs. Self-responsibility (viktorpersson.com)
- The Five Stages Of Living With Obesity (drsharma.ca)
- Key to Serenity (sallytudor.wordpress.com)
How to be original by obeying one simple rule:never obey a rule.
How to be chaste by one simple method:Get a phobia about sex.Vomit when it comes into your mind.That will deter others but is it worth it?
How to be kind:Pretend all other people are you.
How to sleep well:Try to stay awake all night.
How to keep calm when drowning:Go with the flow.
How to be happy:Let yourself be sad.
How to get thin:Have a nasty lover.
How to get fat:Never move except on wheels
- Keep pink, stay calm (fashionomix.wordpress.com)
- Staying Calm When the Family Schedule is Out of Control (epicahealth.com)
- Taking Time Helps Odie Learn to Calm Down and Control Himself (doggoneproblems.wordpress.com)
- 15 Funny Self-referential Sentences (beingcompletelyhuman.wordpress.com)
- The Random Nature of Rain (notsoordinarydiary.wordpress.com)
- Funny enough, I DID write yesterday! (anovelistperhaps.wordpress.com)
- 20 Jokes That Might Be Funny (joeatcollege.wordpress.com)
- Ethymology (tricckster.wordpress.com)
- The Fear. (gildedmaybe.wordpress.com)
Do read this
- Movember Mental Health (counsellorheather.wordpress.com)
- Mariel Hemingway Talks Mental Health and Suicide (webpronews.com)
- Mental Health : help and advice (brandwoodforum.wordpress.com)
- What is Mental Health Anyways?! (embroidyourself.com)
- Sinéad O’Connor: Mental Health, the Media, and Human Rights (madinamerica.com)
- 5 Reasons…To Talk About Mental Health (spottysunflowers.wordpress.com)
- How An Online Platform Could Save Your Mental Health (nibletz.com)
- Launch of new Liberal Democrat group focussing on Mental Health (libdemvoice.org)
When I was fifteen or so, my mother waded through the sea of clothes, books, school work and teenage flotsam and jetsam that covered my floor, and sat on the edge of my bed with tears in her eyes. I had to clean up, she said. It was really important that I get the room sorted. I made some excuse, but she cast her eyes downwards, subtly wiping a tear from the corner.
“I had a friend who never cleaned up. Every time you went into her house, the house was a complete bomb site. She had junk all over every surface. And she ended up in Ward 12B.”
Ward 12B, for those who never had the chance to go there, was the mental health ward at the old Canberra Hospital. So apparently, Mum believed that mess drove you mad and that cleaning was protective. It’s a particularly amusing little…
View original post 2,640 more words
Wilson Van Dusen was a very interesting man.Some of his views I am unsure of but his book,The Natural Depth in Man,shows how much we don’t see normally when we look at others.
He was a mystic in a sense.And he worked with people with severe disturbances.His definition of madness that it renders the person useless.Also introspection is bad when one is in a vulnerable state.. better to do useful,practical tasks like sweeping the floor.And always be polite.In other words,stay in touch with others and this world.
- Van Dusen Botanical Garden (awholenewlifeincanada.wordpress.com)
- Why Chesterton Will Be a Saint (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- Living the Mystical Moment (tobiehewitt.wordpress.com)
- A mystical experience? (thescrupulousatheist.com)
- Poetry 9: Sestina (passlexi2.wordpress.com)
- welding tips vs sanity? (gijoe79blog.wordpress.com)
- Philippa Perry (April 2013) (smileandshoot.wordpress.com)
- The Power Of Calmness (balroop2013.wordpress.com)
- Keep Calm and Let Go (asimplelight.wordpress.com)