A week or two ago I was thinking about thinking.There is more than one kind of thinking.Some kinds,like rumination, are often self destructive.Other kinds of thinking can turn one outside of one’s self and can become what I call “thoughtfulness”.And that is a a virtue.It combines awareness and caring towards others with standing back and considering what is best for them and ourselves.
Then there is what we might call ” blind thinking” which is totally self centred like the chattering voices in our head
I want that red dress,he’s nasty,I am fed up being at work. so long…………all going on underneath our consciousness much of the time.We may be unaware of it but it can affect us and how we act towards others.It’s childish,turned inwards and trivial.Can we stop it? I am thinking about that,,, not brooding.I mean,my mind is open and I hope some new ideas will come to help me understand this blind thinking
How can we see and not be blind in our thinking?How can we be wise?
- Thoughtfulness:Some reflections (complexnumberblog.wordpress.com)
- Thinking about thoughts (and why it’s good to cry) (rootswingsprettythings.wordpress.com)
- Thinking about what is called thinking [Heidegger] (complexnumberblog.wordpress.com)
- Thoughts Have Consequences (robertringer.com)
- Wisdom (nhooseinny.wordpress.com)
- Listen to Your Inner Wisdom (quinncreative.wordpress.com)
- Pondering Proverbs (kittyjonesblog.wordpress.com)
- Weekend Reflections … on a very good day. (wisenapkin.com)
- Simple Beginnings (tuesdaysdead.wordpress.com)